About Mike McGehee
1. Name: Michael McGehee
2. Age: 55
3. City: Madison
4. Occupation: Claim Manager for MS Windstorm Underwriting Association
5. When did you start running? 2011
6. Why did you start running? I was overweight and out of shape. I ended up in the hospital and had to make a lifestyle change. I started eating healthy and exercising. I started running as part of my lifestyle change. A friend suggested that I sign up for a local 5k event. I ran that race and placed in my age group. From that point, I was hooked on running.
7. Why did you join Eat & Run MS? I joined Eat and Run MS so that I can continue to promote a healthy lifestyle through Mississippi and lead by example with my miles going to a worthy causes like Extra Table.
8. What is your favorite local place to run? The Ridgeland multi purpose trails because of the local community.
9. What is your favorite distance to run? Ultra trail Marathons, anyplace in the woods.
10. What is your favorite race to run? Favorite road run is the MS Gulf Coast Marathon. Favorite trail run is the Badlands 50 Trail Run.
11. What is your next running goal? To run a sub 3:40 marathon and near my time to qualify for the Boston Marathon
12. What is your goal milage for 2019? My goal milage for 2019 is 1000 miles!
To donate for Mike’s miles, click here and choose his name in the “Donate for” section