About Nestor Raul Anzola
1. Name: Nestor Raul Anzola
2. Age: 55
3. City: Hattiesburg, MS (originally from Colombia, SA)
4. Occupation: Biologist
5. When did you start running? Running seriously? never! – I have been a recreational undisciplined runner probably for at least 18 years.
6. Why did you start running? Trying to stay in shape and be able to handle and play with my kids (I didn’t want to be their grandpa).
7. Why did you join Eat & Run MS? I love what the group is doing. I have been raising funds for different charities for a long time. My miles going to a worthy cause like Extra Table is just great. I need a reason to run harder and be consistent, and I found it.
8. What is your favorite local place to run? The Longleaf Trace and anywhere in town with friends.
9. What is your favorite distance to run? I would say 10Ks and half marathons (if you add me to a relay team, I will run any distance you tell me). I just love the team camaraderie and team competition.
10. What is your favorite race to run? So many! Locally, the Steam Whistle 12K, the St Jude Run4TheKids 5K, and the Labor Your Legs 5K. Out of town? The Crescent City Classic 10K in NOLA, the Azalea Trail Run 10K in Mobile, Run Thru History 10K in Vicksburg, and the St Jude Marathon in Memphis.
11. What is your next running goal? Remain healthy injury-free. Maybe running the Chicago marathon
12. What is your goal mileage for 2020? 1000-1200 miles